Get Your Fresh Start Today !
Call Now- 248-559-9529
With nearly five decades of collective experience in bankruptcy law, our Sterling Heights bankruptcy attorneys and professionals will help you get the fresh start you deserve !
The bankruptcy code has changed. Here’s what you need to know straight from your friendly Sterling Heights Bankruptcy Attorney:
- The “MEANS” test is used to determine if you have enough disposable income to make payments into a Chapter 13 plan, if not, then you are eligible to file a Chapter 7.
- Chapter 13 filers now calculate their disposable income using allowed expense amounts, set forth by the IRS.
- You must live in a state for at least two years to file bankruptcy in that state.
- Credit counseling must be completed within 180 days before the filing of your bankruptcy.
- More paperwork is required, such as bank statements, insurance documents, etc. We will give you a list of exactly what you will need to successfully file your bankruptcy.
- Filing fees have increased slightly for a Chapter 7 and decreased slightly for a Chapter 13.
- Your assets must be valued at replacement cost.
- You have to wait 8 years after filing a Chapter 7 to file another Chapter 7. There are more restrictions on dates between different kinds of filings, again we can fill in all the details for you.
- Luxury items purchased within 60 days of filing for bankruptcy must be paid in full to avoid the assumption of fraud.
No matter how complex your situation is, we can help you resolve it. Our experienced Sterling Heights bankruptcy attorneys and professionals only do bankruptcy. It is ALL we do. We are a family business and pride ourselves on being friendly, helpful, and compassionate.
Sterling Heights Bankruptcy Attorney has opened a satellite office in Sterling Heights, MI and is proud to be able to serve Sterling Heights, Warren, Shelby Township, Rochester and the surrounding suburbs from this beautiful new office.
Sterling Heights Bankruptcy Lawyer Lyle Lieberman has over 25 years of EXPERIENCE provides FREE Bankruptcy Consultation to Detroit and the surrounding suburbs.
CALL NOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION